Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I am...

Feb 8, 2010

I am a restless vagabond, unsettled and unchained

I am a nomad, known to many, but known by few

I am a member of a family flung far and wide

I am the product of lives given for the sake of hope and respect

I am the chameleon, though my skin makes me often stand out--part of the fringe, yet part of the whole

I am neither here, nor there

I am part of a club without a name, its members united through transience

I am the Beloved of the Alpha and Omega, its etched on my skin and heart--and it has changed my life.

I am a restless vagabond, searching for a home, yet desperate to see what is next

I am convinced that the world is smaller than we think, possible because of connections of the heart which transcend borders without hesitation or delay

I am still young, though my road has been long

I am the native of majestic mountains, sandy beaches, dense jungles and war torn minefields

I am the friend of lepers, child brides and embassy kids alike

I am not the house that I usually present to strangers, but a blueprint of intricate details

I am the child of a leader and a gentle woman

I am the children of those who have laid down their lives and careers for those the world deemed worthless and has forgotten

I am a reader, though I come from a land where most cannot even spell their names

I am surrounded by a family of love and not just blood, a family that spans continents and time zones

I am not the sum of their assumptions, a predictable plot or scene

I am full of life and love and purpose, given by the only One who can

I am determined and ready

No comments:

Post a Comment